North Carolina 2-1-1 (NC 2-1-1) is a United Way and local partner-based system with two call centers and more than 60 local partners that collaboratively maintain the database of resources, offer web-based services, and provide telephone information and referral services. Each local partner manages their own portion of the database and is considered the "owner" of that data. With NC 2-1-1 Board approval local partner agencies may choose to write a separate inclusion/exclusion criteria statement that supersedes this document.
Criteria for Inclusion
Organizations that have been in business a minimum of six months and maintain all appropriate licensure will be included if they meet one of the following conditions:
- Private non-profit organizations offering health and human services in North Carolina
- Government agencies and government supported programs
- Licensed nursing homes, residential care homes, assisted living facilities, adult day health facilities, continuing care facilities, hospitals, home health providers or other for-profit services that meet the Activities of Daily Living or Independent Activities of Daily Living of seniors. These listings may be omitted in some communities if the information is maintained by a specialized information and referral service.
- Organizations, such as churches and civic groups, that offer health or human services available to the community-at-large
- Public utility companies
Other organizations may be considered for inclusion if they offer a unique service not available in the local nonprofit community or present other compelling reasons for inclusion.
Organizations that meet any of the following criteria will be excluded from the database:
- Agencies that deny service on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or age, or that violate federal, state, or local laws and regulations
- Private for-profit services such as attorneys, doctors, medical groups, therapists, or individuals offering services; even if it is a needed service, such as chore assistance for the elderly
- Local service groups, unless they offer services to the community. For example, these types of groups would be included; a Lions Club that donates eyeglasses to people in need; a local Rotary club that runs a "Warm the Children" coat drive, or a Jaycees group providing Thanksgiving turkey donations
- Services that are maintained by other specialized Information and Referral Programs
- Organizations that are unwilling to provide current updated information
NC 2-1-1 reserves the right to include or exclude any organization based upon direct working experience or knowledge of their services. Inclusion does not signify endorsement or recommendation. NC 2-1-1 neither guarantees nor makes any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of information within the database. NC 2-1-1 reserves the right to edit information to meet style standards, formatting, and space requirements.
Add Your Agency or Program to the NC 2-1-1 Database
Click here to complete the form to add your agency and program information to the NC 2-1-1 database.
For More Information
Contact our data coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.